I finally got around to loading the GPS data from my walk through the South West National Park for the Port Davey/South Coast Track walk
Take what you want, all I ask is for is a link from your website back to thegreatambler.com
The easiest thing to do is just download all the data in a single .zip file, extract it, then import it into your GPS mapping program. From there, just put it all on your GPS.
However, if you want to be a bit more selective, you can pick and choose below:
The data is split into the days we walked:
- Day 1 – Scott’s Peak Dam to Junction Creek
- Day 2 – Junction Creek to Watershed Camp
- Day 3 – Watershed Camp to Forest Camp
- Day 4 – Forest Camp to Melaleuca
- Day 5 – Melaleuca to Louisa Creek
- Day 6 – Louisa Creek to Louisa River
- Day 7 – Louisa River to Prion Beach Boat Crossing (via Ironbounds)
- Day 8 – Prion Beach Boat Crossing to Surprise Bay
- Day 9 – Surprise Bay to Cockle Creek
Or simply, all combined in a .zip
I’ve also got some waypoint data. Mainly these are the official campsites along the way, but it also includes a few junctions, unofficial camps and possible places to stay if you get caught.
Ideally, you could just download them all in a ZIP file. But if you’d like to be picky you can get only the ones you want here:
- Junction Creek (near the creek, or the high camp)
- Crossing River
- Watershed Camp
- Spring River
- Bathurst Narrows (Farrell Point camp (the turnoff) – north side / Joan Point – south side)
- Cox Bight (Freney Lagoon)
- Cox Bight Camp (Point Eric)
- Louisa River Camp
- Little Deadmans Bay Camp
- Prion Bay Camp (and New River Lagoon boat crossing)
- Surprise Bay
- Granite Beach
- South Cape Rivulet – I can’t find this one, sorry!
- Cockle Creek
- Forest Camp (Port Davey Track)
- A possible campsite at the end of Prion Bay
- Louisa Creek Camp (South Coast Walk)
- Possible Ironbounds emergency camps (camp1 and camp2)
- Buoy Creek Camp (South Coast Walk, end of Cox Bight)
- Track junction – the path to Louisa Bay
- Track junction – to Osmiridium Beach
- We got lost briefly around Deadmans Bay (on all the loose rocks). These are GPS co-ordinates for where the track resumes again.
- Bathurst Narrows Boat Crossing – North side
- Bathurst Narrows Boat Crossing – South side
- Where we crossed Spring River (Port Davey Track)
Southern Ranges GPS data
Update/added: 25 September 2016.
We did the Southern Ranges in September 2016. Read the whole post, with all its very boring track notes, here!
Or, you can download the Southern Ranges Circuit via Precipitous Bluff GPS (.GPX) file we generated. Be aware we got lost a few times, but nothing ever too badly.
And here’s a download to a few GPS waypoints I gathered on the way. They include:
- Osmiridium Beach camp
- Turn off to Osmiridium Beach camp
- PB Decent Turn Off
- POSS Emergency Camp PB
- PB High Camp
- Leaning Tree Saddle camp
- Ooze Lake Camp
- Turn off to Mount La Perouse
- Pigsty Ponds Camp
- Moonlight Creek (approx)